Who are we?
We are #TeamSBTech, an award-winning leading provider of sports betting solutions, and you know us. We have been on this market for 10 years growing, building amazing technology and family.
And as of April 2020, we combined with DraftKings (Nasdaq: DKNG) – a digital sports entertainment and gaming company known for its industry-leading daily fantasy sports and mobile sports betting platforms.
DraftKings Inc. is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
What are we looking for?
The Change Manager owns the day-to-day operation of the change management process and Change Management team and is responsible for ensuring that changes follow the established process, as well as constantly striving to optimize the process itself to better accommodate changing business, technical and operational needs in a dynamic environment. When required the Change Manager facilitates the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings. The person performing this role is a part of the CAB and is responsible for decisions regarding the integrity of a change in terms of operational and business POV as well as ensuring the technical approvals part of the change management process has been followed and executed correctly by the teams participating in the process.
The Change Manager acts as a controlling function by monitoring, tracking, recording, and advising on changes, which are made in the company’s Production environment. Leading the ongoing involvement and supervision of the Change Management team in Significant and Major changes. The team will facilitate the communications channels between different company departments involved in specific changes and act as an orchestration layer between them, to ensure the smooth planning, implementation and post implementation analysis phase of changes.
· Fluency in English
· 3+ year experience in the same role or Project/Program manager position
· 5+ year experience in a multinational working environment
· Strong communication and conflict-handling skills
· ITIL expertise, knowledge and or certification (considered an advantage)
· Process-oriented mindset, proactive attitude, eye for the detail
· Strong MS Office skills
· Understanding the methodology to continuously improve processes by eliminating defects or identifying enhancements
· Data Analysis: transforming data to extracting information and draw conclusions
· Problem Resolution: ability to resolve escalation issues or problems
· Risk Management: identification and management or mitigation of risks
· Obtained university degree
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.