Who are we?
We are #TeamSBTech, an award-winning leading provider of sports betting solutions, and you know us. We have been on this market for 10 years growing, building amazing technology and family.
And as of April 2020, we combined with DraftKings (Nasdaq: DKNG) – a digital sports entertainment and gaming company known for its industry-leading daily fantasy sports and mobile sports betting platforms.
DraftKings Inc. is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
What are we looking for?
It is important to emphasize we’re not talking about the old fashioned ‘command and control’ style of leading the team here. Our Leaders need to fit with the Agile philosophy: delegating as much detail as possible into the team. This leaves the Scrum Master with 3 main areas of responsibility: as a support to the team, as a buffer to the outside environment and as a coordinator.
So, if you like continuous improvement, working close to business in small teams with a dedicated mission, the concept of taking agile principles and methods to its limit by making use of new techniques and programs – then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
• Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning
• Lead development teams to practice agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
• Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
• Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
• Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
• Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
• To create and define a detailed work breakdown structure to estimate effort and resources and provide clear schedule to relevant parties
• Keeping track of the tasks’ backlog, to assist the management to plan work in advance for the technical teams
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education and experience
• Experience playing the Scrum Master for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Advanced project management skills; Strong mediation and negotiation skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Lean, Kanban
• Skills and knowledge in leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
• Working experience in the ‘online gaming’ or ‘online’ industry – is an important advantage
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.