Senior Sports Data Scientist required to work with the sportsbook data science and quantitative development teams in a senior role to develop, test and deploy sports models into production.
• Create statistical and machine learning models and integrate them in pricing engines for different sports
• Collect and engineer sports data assets to assist in model development
• Implement the sports models and engines in Python and C#
• Create automatic tests to ensure model and pricing engine accuracy
• Collaborate closely with product developers, QAs and delivery leads to move projects from idea to deployment
• Build advanced analytics tools for sportsbook product development
• Research new approaches to optimise the performance of all models and data science processes
• Coach and support a team of data scientists
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
• PhD, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Understanding of data science and statistical modelling principles
• Familiarity with version control concepts
• Competency in the Python programming language, especially numpy, and pandas
• Experience leading and coaching others
• Experience building models for sports
• Understanding of or experience working in the betting industry
• Excellent communication & organizations skills with the ability to articulate key business information quickly and effectively.
• Customer-focused – individual is customer-centric and creates processes, and solutions which tangibly improve customer experience
• Effective collaborator – individual works with others within the team and the wider organisation, whilst communicating effectively across a range of channels and audiences
• Strategic Mindset – individual takes a long-term view and anticipates future trends and implications
• Business insight – individual understands the business and the problems it faces
• Innovative – individual always looking for new opportunities that will grow the business
Here we’re working really hard (yet not burning-out-hard), but also learning and developing fast (like Usain-Bolt-fast). We are looking for smart and focused people who represent the team spirit and are trustworthy allies in achieving great results. The business environment provokes us to be dynamic and innovative and that’s exactly what we are. We offer great career opportunities – you simply must seize them.
If you are interested in joining the SBTech team, send us your CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Confidentiality of all applications is assured!